Code Signing Certificates with Website Designing Plus
Protect your software with your own digital signature
With public concern for online security at an all-time high, people are no longer willing to download software without proof that it’s legitimate. With a Code Signing Certificate, software developers and other content publishers can “sign” their code, thereby reassuring customers it’s the real thing.
- Perfect for software publishers and content providers of ActiveX controls, dynamic link libraries (.dll files), .cab files, HTML content or any other software distributed over the Internet or via an extranet.
- Time-stamping service provided, allowing distribution of signed code beyond certificate expiration
- Protects your intellectual property by warding off impersonation and tampering.
Code signing adds a digital signature to the software’s executable code, validating that the code comes from you. When an end-user attempts to download your content, a dialog box will appear identifying you as the publisher. Any alteration of the original code breaks the digital signature, alerting potential users that the content is not to be trusted.
- Allows publishers to sign .exe, .cab, .dll, and .ocx files; Java Applets and MIDlets; Microsoft® Office documents with macros; and other types of files that support digital signatures.
- Website Designing Plus Code Signing Certificates are fully integrated with Industry-Standard Technology.
- Code Signing Certificates are available only to legally registered companies with a registered status of “Good Standing”, “Active” or equivalent. Registration will be confirmed with the appropriate government agency before issuing the Code Signing Certificate.